Careers in Aviation
If you interested in discovering an exciting career in the world of global air charter and want to see your opportunities fly, Hunt & Palmer and Aircraft Chartering Services are waiting to hear from you.
Email us your CV and letter to:
[email protected] or view below and apply.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
View our job vacancies below to see further information:
Job Title: Trainee Aircraft Charter Broker (Cargo)
Job Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Have you ever stopped to consider how your favourite bands transport their equipment when touring the world? Or how F1 cars or MotoGP bikes make it to every round – even when there are only a few days in between races on opposite sides of the world?
Well that’s exactly what our dynamic and fast paced subsidiary Hunt & Palmer Cargo Charters Ltd do. They provide air freight transport solutions globally sourcing aircraft tailored specific operations.
This team are seeking to recruit a Trainee Aircraft Charter Broker to join our established team of specialists based at the Group Head Office in Crawley, West Sussex.
This is a demanding yet rewarding role in which, with mentoring, you will become part of the team liaising with clients worldwide to deliver solutions to move their cargo.
- Ability to demonstrate an expert understanding of the aircraft and chartering process
- Build long term beneficial relationships with both clients and suppliers
- Managing charter bookings from enquiry to completion
- Flight watching/overseeing flight departures
- Support a portfolio of clients, help identify new clients through sales calls, networking and managing online enquiries.
- Research and Analysis
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Hardworking and flexible attitude. This role is not simply 9am-5pm it’s part of the company’s ‘out of hours’ on call roster which requires regular working in the evenings, weekends and public holidays on rotation with other staff.
- Ambition, drive and self-motivation
- Exceptional communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good level of numeracy and attention to detail
- IT literate – competent in the use of Microsoft applications (Word & Excel)
- Strong resilience with the ability to thrive working under pressure
- Ability to exceed sales financial targets
- Valid driving licence would be an advantage but not essential
- Valid Passport
- Right to work in the UK
- Persons with a second European language are of particular interest.
- Excellent remuneration package
- Company bonus scheme
- Company Flexible Benefit scheme
- Experienced mentors within this industry
- 20 days’ holiday per year, which increases with length of service
Applicants must have the right to remain and work in the UK and will be required to provide evidence of this before an interview is granted.
Interested persons should send a full CV and covering letter to;
Jenny Hartley, Administration and Resources Manager
Closing date for applications to be considered: Friday 5 April 2019